Thursday, August 11, 2011

Starting to focus and link ideas

In an attempt to make sense of some of the articles that I have been collecting I have used the web2.0 tool, "Bubbl.us" to make notes of the key ideas, themes and sources that I kept encountering in my searching.


The colour coding, added in the following mind map has been an attempt to link like concepts and ideas.

This process was extremely helpful to me in trying to make sense of a huge array of information. It was the basis of the formulation of my focus. This technique would be a useful intervention tool to use with students when they are in that stage of information overload and they need some direction to make sense of all their information. Callison (2006) would support the use of tables, charts and mindmaps etc as a means of organising information and communicating your understanding of the relationships between ideas. This could also provide a valuable means of assessment of a student's level of inquiry and the evidence needed to guide the type of intervention needed to help students to move forward in their investigation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment